This first card is one I made back on July 14. I made a recent PTI order and was itching to use the rainbow stencil. I had a lot of fun with blending and water splattering here.
Now onto the Stamp-a-Faire 2016 challenges!
Card #1- Colour Challenge.
Bright Buttercup, Aqua Mist, New Leaf, Green Parakeet, Vintage Jadeite
I really liked these colours together. I used Leave It Be and the Keep it Simple Happy Birthday greetings II.
Next up, Starry Night. I'm all about background blending, watercolouring, and splattering lately, so I enjoyed this card (even though it took way to long to make!). I used Memento reinker for the foreground painting which worked surprisingly well! Stamps are from Wet Paint I. I used an assortment of PTI and distress inks for the background.
3rd challenge- Gilded in Gold. I really love all the gold I have seen on other people's projects but I always struggle making it work. This one started with just winging it and then using some suggestions from my Stamp-a-faire buddy, Fran (she suggested the splatters). I used the Sparkle & Shine dies and stamp set as well as the Random Lines set.
Next up- The Impressionist challenge. Wow did we ever struggle with this one. I think if I owned the stamp set that Melissa used for her sample, it would've been easier. Between Fran and I, we couldn't decide on a stamp set that worked, and we kept not really liking the looks we created. I ended up making this one this morning. I didn't follow the steps exactly, but I did embossing with watercolouring so I'm counting it!. The main greeting was cut of Stormy Sea. The "happy" was clear embossed- amazing how that darkens the colour so much! Stamps on here are Pretty Peonies, Woodgrain Background, and Keep it Simple Wedding.
Now for the Inspiration Challenge. I really simplicity and colours of the Matisse, so I went with that and made a simplistic card using the Brushed Off and Congratulations sets.
Time for more splatters! I was actually prepared for this one, I lay down papertowel and wore gloves and got messy. My string transfer isn't as obvious since I watered down my ink a bit much, but it still works well as one of the layers of the background. The rest was pretty standard ink dropping. For the big drops I used my biggest brush and soaked it with the ink and then wrung it out high above the paper so it would make a big splat. Lots of fun! Stamp is from Wet Paint II. The die is from the Good Times set.
Now for some Pointillism. I liked Heather's sample, but wanted to try something different. I made die cut the butterfly out of thin printer paper and used the negative as a stencil. I used several dot stamps and started stamping various shades of pink and a few black dots. I really like how it turned out! The dots were mostly from Polka Dot Basics and the sentiment is from Life is Beautiful.
Even though I had already done painting throughout my projects, it was time for more! I went pretty simple here and made a rainbow wash background. I topped that with some dew drops and some embossed popsicles and a greeting from the Summer Sweetness set.
The last challenge was Colour Blocking. I was thinking that I would really struggle with it, but once I found a set that would work, it went very smoothly. I decided to do a long panel of 3 instead of the square panel of 4. I wanted to be a little different! Stamps are from the Flipping Out set.
And finally, here's one of Fran and I with the first cards we completed last night- the Starry Night challenge.