Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Family Pocket Book

I love these little pocket books. They are ridiculously easy to make, they make fabulous gifts, and they are sturdy enough to double as a standing frame. These were featured in the June Stampin' Success, using the Petal Patch papers. My up-upline made a beautiful book using the new holiday papers (Holiday Thyme) and that inspired me to try one too. I used the Simply Scrappin' kit "At Home" to decorate. The only other supplies I used were some hodgepodge hardware, a few punches, and some chocolate ribbon.



Here's the inside. The base is a piece of Buckaroo Blue cardstock, folded in half, scored every 3 inches across to make 4 panels. This type of project works well for showcasing just how far one of the Simply Scrappin' kits can go. The project looks were impressive, but it really doesn't use that much paper. I love it!

1 comment:

  1. Love your style, bookmarked your blog immediately! Willing to share instructions on this project? Loving' it. I am all about accordian things and paperbag books right now. Learning and loving stamps with papers ...to be continued
    betty

    ReplyDelete