Saturday, April 12, 2014

A Whole Lotta Happy!

Good evening! I have been having so much fun with the Whole Lotta Happy set. This one came together very quickly!

Stamps: A Whole Lotta Happy, Strictly Sentiments 1
Paper: Bermuda Bay, Smokey Shadow, Pool Party
Ink: Smokey Shadow, Pool Party
Accessories, etc.: Happy Trio die, sequins

Friday, April 11, 2014

Inspiration Mash-Up #1!

So I was feeling a tad uninspired the other day so I asked my fiance for a challenge. Every so often he'll give me a random challenge. A previous one for instance was to use complimentary colours and feature an animal.

For this particular challenge, he decided to pick 2 cards that I've previously made and I was to get inspiration from both and make a mash-up of sorts. I keep all my cards that I haven't used in a box in the craft room. He closed his eyes and randomly chose two

Here they are!

And here's what I ended up doing! I took the products from the first card and the layout from the second.

So if you're feeling uninspired, I urge you to do something similar. We all have cards lying around, close your eyes, randomly select two cards, and see how you can pull inspiration from both and make a mash-up! 

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Sushi Birthday!

I've had my eye on this Lawn Fawn set, Let's Roll for some time. I love all things sushi! So when I was passing the time checking out the new products at my local scrapbook store, I couldn't resist!

I love that the set comes with the faces separate. So if you feel like making something cutesy, you can; or if you'd rather, you can keep it face-free.  I had lots of fun putting together and colouring the sushi platter!

Stamps: Let's Roll (Lawn Fawn), Birthday Balloons (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper: White
Ink: Tuxedo Black
Accessories, etc. Copic markers, dimensional tape

Tuesday, April 01, 2014

A Whole Lotta Happy

I've been having lots of fun with the Wplus9 Designs Whole Lotta Happy and the coordinating dies. These first two are the same card, just different colour palettes. I really liked the look of offsetting the happy dies to create a shadow.

Next up is a fun and vibrant card. I liked the pop of the happy in black.

And finally, a one layer card. I was in the mood for something a bit different from the first. I embossed the stars, added sequins, and die-cut happy in gold.

Thursday, March 27, 2014

A few cards!

Good evening! I keep procrastinating updating over here, but I still have been busy making cards for more than just the clean and simple stamping blog.

The first two cards are ones I made for the PTI blog hop about using glossy accents. I didn't end up getting to blog them in time for the hop, but here they are now!

For the first card, I wanted to feature bright rubber boots- I used several layers of ultra thick embossing powder to make them ultra glossy. I was kind of on polka dot kick, and added a polka dot umbrella, used a swiss embossing plate, and finished it with ribbon!

For my next card, I wanted something that was a bit more "me". So I went with a much simpler layout. On this one, the umbrella was glossified using Ranger Glossy Accents.

Next up, I just got some new WPlus9 Studio stamps, including Fresh Cut Florals and Strictly Sentiments 1, so I've been having fun playing around!

First up, a very simple card using some nice, bright colours!

This one was a touch more complex. I used the coordinating dies and a chevron embossing plate. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to use the Fresh Cut Florals. The images line up so easily on the die-cuts. There's just the right amount of wiggle room to get a centered impression!

Sunday, March 02, 2014


When I first saw this week's WPlus9 challenge, I was a little stumped. There's not much that I haven't tried as far as techniques go, and my style has evolved so much throughout the years as well. Then I started playing around in my craft room and I remembered seeing someone make their own embossing folder a few weeks ago. I found some scrap chipboard and starting cutting out clouds. I attached those to a piece of card stock and than ran it through my Cuttlebug using a rubber mat and a cardboard shim. It worked even better than I anticipated.

Supplies: Heartfelt Mix, Hearts & Clouds dies
Ink: Blueberry Sky, Enchanted Evening, Spring Rain, Dark Chocolate
Paper: White, Spring Rain, Chipboard

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Trend Watch challenge

I decided to make a few cards for this week's WPlus9 challenge: Trend Watch.

Card #1 features metallic watercolours (Twinkling H2Os), gold, and peacock feathers. Feathers, although not the newest trend, are still quite prevalent in the crafting and fashion industry.

The card itself was quite simple. I used a few twinkling H2Os and blended a nice shimmery background. I also stamped and embossed a feather and painted it to match a peacock feather. I completed the card off with a little bit of gold card stock and a gold embossed sentiment.

Stamps: Fanciful Feathers
Ink: Versamark, Gold
Paper: White, Cotton White, Gold
Accessories, etc.: twinkling H2Os, white and gold embossing powders

This next card features a few trendy items- grunge look, rainbows, 80s themed. Again, they aren't the newest trends, but they are still quite prevalent in both the fashion and craft industry. 

This card was also quite simple. I chose my colour palette, then staggered the starry paint swipe image. I completed it was embossing the word "Awesome" in white and popped up the "you're so". All that was popped up on a white card base.

Stamps: So 80s
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Pacific Point, Black
Paper: White
Accessories, etc.: White embossing powder