Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sometimes...

You just need a bit of inspiration before starting a project. I happened to be checking out Julie's blog this morning, and took a peek inside the "miscellaneous designs". I saw this beauty from a little while back, and was hit with the inspired bug!

I don't have any vellum cardstock, so I improvised. I took a piece of vellum, folded it in half, then trimmed off most of the back. I attached that to a piece of vanilla cardstock. It worked wonderfully and is quite stable. For some reason, this particular project just wasn't photographing nicely, but it is quite pretty in person! The petal prints are stamped on vanilla. I mixed banana and apricot on the flowers themselves to get a nice gradient look going. I added in a bit of speckles around the image, and finished it off with some awesome ribbon from A Muse. The vellum piece is stamped with white craft ink. I always love the look of the script in white on vellum. It's so soft and pretty, especially with those other Soft Subtles colours. One other thing I did, was add a touch of glitter to the flowers with a Spica Clear pen. It's subtle, but nice.

Supplies:
Stamps: More Petal Prints, Petal Prints, It's Your Birthday, French Script, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Ink: Barely Banana, Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery
Paper: Apricot Appeal, Very Vanilla, Vellum
Accessories, etc.: Sheer Organdy Palm Green edged

3 comments:

  1. I just LOVE this!! I must tell you that I did place an order over at gel-a-tins after you made your sketch book. It came today and I can't wiat to try out my stamps and some of that fun embossing powder!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, girl! Ya' gotta know I just *LOVE* this!!! {{{{{{{Tashers}}}}}}} I always love your special touches! This is beautimously done! *smooches & loves*, Jules

    ReplyDelete