Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Halloween Lights

For years, I've been wanting to make these vellum lanterns. They are super easy, depending on how complex you choose to make it. The first one came together in less than 5 minutes. I stamped some bats onto a piece of vellum, taped it into a circle and fit it into my glass container. The next one was a bit more complicated. I found a spider web stencil, traced it onto some black cardstock, then started cutting with an x-acto knife. Next, I layered vellum behind it for a frostier look. Finally, I taped it into a circle and placed it into the container. This one probably took closer to 20 minutes to make. I used battery operated "tea lights", not actually ones, since obviously, paper is flamable. So this is what they look like with the lights on, and then I also had to post the spooky atmosphere picture.
Supplies:
Stamps: Spooky Sweets (PTI)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper: Vellum Cardstock, Black
Accessories, etc.: Spider web stencil (1.50 at Michaels for a pack of 6), x-acto Knife

No comments:

Post a Comment