Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sweet!

For this card, I had a bunch of ideas running through my head because I wanted to use at least 3 elements. First off, I wanted to use the happy gingerbread man, secondly I wanted to make background strips with the silhouette images, and thirdly, I wanted to place a greeting somewhere, but I wanted it to really pop out.

As is pretty typical for me lately, I started by colouring the main image, then found paper to match. I realized the colours I chose reminded me of Neapolitan taffy. And just like that, it came together. I stamped one silhouette image per coloured strip. Next I decided on the greeting "sweet". I decided that didn't quite cut it though, so I got out my stamp-a-ma-jig and place the rest of this holiday greeting around it. I have to say, this is not a typical "me" card, but I like how it turned out. It's just fun.
Supplies:
Ink: Rich Cocoa, Pixie Pink, Lemon Tart, Creamy Caramel
Paper: Chocolate Chip, White, Creamy Caramel, Pixie Pink, Lemon Tart
Accessories, etc.: Pop dots, deck the halls quickutz alpha, Copics, SAMJ

2 comments:

  1. I like that neopolitan taffy description Natasha...very fitting. So adorable and yummy...the card I mean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute image, I love it....
    That's a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete