Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Happiness Always

Although I am no longer a Stampin' Up! demo, I still enjoy the product. I am still part of a stamp club. As a challenge, my demo asked that we make something from our January or February club purchases to bring along to our next get together. So I've been making quite a few items focusing on those purchases. This is actually the third one I've made (I just haven't uploaded and edited the other two yet). Basically, I got these buttons and I really wanted to try the button bow. I followed Nichole Heady's instructions and it turned out great. I also took the layout that she used in her tutorial and applied some of my recent acquisitions to it (ribbon, celery cardstock, buttons, Botanical Blooms- technically the last two were from March's club).
After making the button bow, I stamped Polka Dot Background on So Saffron in Vintage Cream. Then I added some piercing. Next,I figured out how much room I had for the image panel. I stamped a few flowers, coloured them in with Copics, and added a SAB sentiment from a past year. I added celery borders to the image panel and background panel and placed that all on a Vintage Cream card base.

Supplies:
Stamps: Botanical Blooms, Happy Harmony, Polka Dot Background
Ink: Rich Cocoa, Vintage Cream
Paper: So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Vintage Cream
Accessories, etc.: So Saffron grosgrain, thread, button from Buttons Latte, pop dots, paper piercer and guide, Copics

3 comments:

  1. What a great card! I really need to get into making some cards soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. Just admiring your cards, they are beautiful, so clean-looking. I might return for another browse, if you don't mind :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous! I love the CAS look. I have to try Nichole's ribbon technique...great job! I love your style...TFS!

    ReplyDelete