Thursday, August 06, 2009

Apple-y Goodness!

I've got two cards for you today, both featuring apples. My first card features Vintage Picnic. One evening we were watching a movie, and I get easily distracted with movies, so I stamped a variety of baskets and coloured while watching. I was really happy with how the basket of apples turned out. Later that week, the rest of the card came together. I've had this big red button on my desk for ages, it matches Pure Poppy quite nicely so I added that to some stitched chocolate ribbon. I am loving the Text Style Background set so much. It's awesome being able to customize text-y paper! I thought that piecing everything together on a kraft card base seemed like the perfect finishing touch.

My next card features an apple from Fruitful. I was playing around, stamping various fruits, not really planning anything out. I cut out the apple, and just went from there. The layout is loosely based off of one from my little notebook. I think I turned it into a "fall to layout" over at the clean and simple blog and that it was originally inspired by a card from a Stampin' Up catalog. I did something I rarely do on this, stitching. It just felt right. I made it a Just Because card, mainly because I was stumped, it just didn't have that birthday vibe feel.

Supplies: Stamps: Vintage Picnic, Text Style Background, Everyday Button Basics, Polka Dot Basics I, Fruitful, Floral Frenzy Ink: Rich Cocoa, Fresh Snow, Pure Poppy, Scarlet Jewel Paper: Kraft, White, New Leaf, Pure Poppy, Dark Chocolate Accessories, etc.: button, ribbon, pop dots, Copics, thread

5 comments:

  1. cute cards!!! Love the colors and the stitching on the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Natasha, the basket is fabulous...so beautifully colored! I just got this set and cannot wait to ink it up...thanks for this inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the red on kraft. Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natasha, these are awesome! LOVE that first one---they look good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute cards, love the basket of apples and the just because card is perfect:)!

    ReplyDelete