Monday, April 21, 2014

Watercolour Balloons

So yesterday I was checking out the latest online card class and I was totally inspired by one of the sneak peek images on the sign-up page. I saw the balloons and thought, hey, I should try that.

To achieve the look, I stamped my balloons in a Fine Linen ink (stamped off twice), so I would have just the faintest of guidelines. Next I outlined that in pencil, and also drew my little balloon strings. Then I just got to watercolouring using Reeves watercolour paints and an assortment of brushes. I was quite happy with the result!


Supplies:
Stamps:Birthday Balloons (SSS), Birthday Basics (PTI)
Ink: Black, Fine Linen
Paper: Savoy- Natural White (a cotton paper that works very well for watercolouring), Soft Sky, Smokey Shadow
Accessories, etc.: Reeves watercolour paints

No comments:

Post a Comment