Saturday, September 12, 2015

Stars and Wishes

When I saw that My Favorite Things was having a Card Design Super Star contest, I knew I had to participate! I'm realizing now that it's a happy coincidence that I used stars!

 I really wanted to feature a rainbow colour scheme on my card. I started by watercolouring a mix of colours onto some cotton paper. Next I die cut the "wish" word and then clear embossed it.


For the background I sponged the same inks onto some white card stock and then stamped the stars in the same inks and in white ink. I didn't want the greeting to get washed out so I applied a vellum overlay. The final touch was a few of the the sketch stars that I applied glitter to.


For my next card, I still had another sponged background with stars that I wanted to use. For that one, I stuck with a white die cut word. I clear embossed it for an extra pop.



MFT Supplies: Stars & Wishes Dies, Count the Stars stamp set, Lucky Stars Dies
Other Supplies: White Cardstock, Cotton Paper, Distress Inks, Pigment White Ink, Archive Black Ink



3 comments:

  1. These are great cards, Natasha! I love the rainbow idea but the pop of the white die cut against the pretty sponged background is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only realised the other day that I don't have many star dies or stamps and rarely use them on my cards and I always love the way they look. Your cards are the perfect example of why I 'need' to invest in some lol. They are both wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both beautiful, Natasha, love the rainbow of color on the first one! Good luck with the contest :)

    ReplyDelete