Sunday, July 24, 2016

Lots of Cards! SAF2016!



This first card is one I made back on July 14. I made a recent PTI order and was itching to use the rainbow stencil. I had a lot of fun with blending and water splattering here.

Now onto the Stamp-a-Faire 2016 challenges!

Card #1- Colour Challenge.
Bright Buttercup, Aqua Mist, New Leaf, Green Parakeet, Vintage Jadeite 
I really liked these colours together. I used Leave It Be and the Keep it Simple Happy Birthday greetings II.


Next up, Starry Night. I'm all about background blending, watercolouring, and splattering lately, so I enjoyed this card (even though it took way to long to make!). I used Memento reinker for the foreground painting which worked surprisingly well! Stamps are from Wet Paint I. I used an assortment of PTI and distress inks for the background. 


3rd challenge- Gilded in Gold. I really love all the gold I have seen on other people's projects but I always struggle making it work. This one started with just winging it and then using some suggestions from my Stamp-a-faire buddy, Fran (she suggested the splatters). I used the Sparkle & Shine dies and stamp set as well as the Random Lines set.


Next up- The Impressionist challenge. Wow did we ever struggle with this one. I think if I owned the stamp set that Melissa used for her sample, it would've been easier. Between Fran and I, we couldn't decide on a stamp set that worked, and we kept not really liking the looks we created. I ended up making this one this morning. I didn't follow the steps exactly, but I did embossing with watercolouring so I'm counting it!. The main greeting was cut of Stormy Sea. The "happy" was clear embossed- amazing how that darkens the colour so much! Stamps on here are Pretty Peonies, Woodgrain Background, and Keep it Simple Wedding.


Now for the Inspiration Challenge. I really simplicity and colours of the Matisse, so I went with that and made a simplistic card using the Brushed Off and Congratulations sets.


Time for more splatters! I was actually prepared for this one, I lay down papertowel and wore gloves and got messy. My string transfer isn't as obvious since I watered down my ink a bit much, but it still works well as one of the layers of the background. The rest was pretty standard ink dropping. For the big drops I used my biggest brush and soaked it with the ink and then wrung it out high above the paper so it would make a big splat. Lots of fun! Stamp is from Wet Paint II. The die is from the Good Times set.


Now for some Pointillism.  I liked Heather's sample, but wanted to try something different. I made die cut the butterfly out of thin printer paper and used the negative as a stencil. I used several dot stamps and started stamping various shades of pink and a few black dots. I really like how it turned out! The dots were mostly from Polka Dot Basics and the sentiment is from Life is Beautiful.


Even though I had already done painting throughout my projects, it was time for more! I went pretty simple here and made a rainbow wash background. I topped that with some dew drops and some embossed popsicles and a greeting from the Summer Sweetness set.


The last challenge was Colour Blocking. I was thinking that I would really struggle with it, but once I found a set that would work, it went very smoothly. I decided to do a long panel of 3 instead of the square panel of 4. I wanted to be a little different! Stamps are from the Flipping Out set.


And finally, here's one of Fran and I with the first cards we completed last night- the Starry Night challenge.





7 comments:

  1. Adorable Cards ! Love the Glided in Gold and also the dotted Butterfly !! AND it´s nice to see YOU on the Farewell Picture.

    Imke ~ My Crafty Place

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards all turned out great. It was the Inspiration Challenge and your Brushed Off Congratulations that got me to click in but I also love your Pointillism Butterfly. I struggled with the Stamp-a-faire theme this year but your work turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! These are all so amazing! I couldn't pick a favorite they are all so pretty! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you had time to make all thes FABULOUS cards!!! Each and every one is sheer perfection. I got here by clicking on the link in the Masterpiece Inspirations; I picked your card out of the thumbnails right off as a perfect CAS. I love it! Now looking at your others, I also love your gilding and color blocking...and all the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you have been super busy! Love all your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, these are all fabulous! Great job on the SAF challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. impressive line up of cards!! i love that you used the flip flops in a row for your color blocking - so perfect and cute!!

    ReplyDelete