Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Papertrey April Blog Hop Challenge


It's time for another Papertrey Ink blog hop!

I completely lost track of the date and didn't make anything ahead of time, so I madly rushed to put something together this evening.

Check out the challenge here

Here is the inspiration piece by Megan Carter:


Don't you just love the grey, yellow, peach and orange tones!! And I am always a fan of bold floral images.

Because I felt a bit of pressure from the deadline, I pulled out an old favorite- Beautiful Blooms II. the colours I pulled from the inspiration piece were: Smokey Shadow, Stormy Sea, Pale Peony, Orange Zest, Bright Buttercup, and Soft Stone.

After I stamped it all, I realized that Stormy Sea is really not the right grey- something with more pink in it would've matched the inspiration piece better, but it's still a neat colour combination and one I probably would've not come up with otherwise. I used Soft Stone as my light neutral here, just to change it up from the standard white.

I did a lot of fussy cutting with this one. I know there are matching dies for the larger flowers from the Beautiful Blooms II set, but for whatever reason, I am more satisfied with their look when I cut them out. The other stamps used here are Cutaway Tags: Spring and Turning a New Leaf.


Here's a close up shot of the dimension. I used regular pop dots for the grey and pink flowers, since it's extra dimensional. The yellow and orange flowers were popped up with foam mounting tape, which is a little bit less dimensional.


Supplies (all by Papertrey Ink)
Stamps: Beautiful Blooms II, Turning a New Leaf, Cutaway Tags: Spring
Paper: Soft Stone, Stormy Sea, Pale Peony
Ink: Stormy Sea, Smokey Shadow, Bright Buttercup, Pale Peony, Orange Zest
Accessories, etc.; pop dots, foam tape

10 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet card. Stormy sea was a great choice and the 3D elements just scream "touch the card!". Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Natasha! You used my favorite stamp sets...and so perfectly, too! Gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I like the pops of black. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card Natasha! The colors and style are spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute card! Love your florals and what a great Mother's day card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, Natasha! I love how you have three different levels on this beauty! One of my most favourite cards from the Hop.

    ReplyDelete