Thursday, August 30, 2018

Let it Shine!


Glitter, gems, foil-there's just something about bringing a little sparkle and shine into your cardmaking that can take it to the next level. As part of my Altenew Educator Certifications Program, I've been going through several classes. The latest one I completed was the super fun Let it Shine with the fun and talented Carissa Wiley Her blog is called Sprinkled with Glitter, so you know, she is sparkle cardmaking royalty!

There are lots of fun ideas in the class for using various sparkly and shiny products. What I loved about this class was the idea of using multiple products together. I tend to already use gems, embossing powder, and glitter separately on my projects, but what about all together? That's what is so fun about classes, you see techniques from a different prospective!

For my card, I thought it'd be fun (and a little crazy), to take the animals from Geometric Menagerie and glitter them up! I started by embossing the bear image in black embossing powder. Then I took a fine tipped bottle of glue and started filling in non-adjacent triangles. I started with the aqua/teal glitter. Then I filled in even more triangles, this time using the lime green glitter. And finally, I really liked how the white triangles looked, but I wanted an even sort of image, so I added more glue and used white glitter in that remaining triangles. Super fun hey? It wasn't even all that time consuming.

Next, I decided on a sentiment from Crafty Friends. I figure this is the sort of card that a fellow crafter would really appreciate! I adhered the cut out bear to the white layer and then brought in my third shine element, aqua, white, and lime green gems!


Thanks for dropping by!

I'll have my next batch of class projects for All About Layering and All About Layering 2 in the next few days.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you used the glitter and colors! Totally FAB! Thanks so much for entering your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete