Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Fall to Layout 93 Take Two

Happy Tuesday!

I'm a bit late with my blog post this week. I got the card done on Sunday, but being in a post-vacation mode (got back on Thursday), followed by getting an annoying cold meant not doing much of anything all. Just finally got the replenishing groceries done last night, haha. Anyway...

I was inspired to use leaves from the sketch image. I decided to do more of a cascading cluster though.


Measurements:
  • Card Base: 4-1/4 x 5-1/2
  • Image Layer: 3-1/8 x 4-38
  • Image Layer Mat: 3-1/4 x 4-1/2
  • Sentiment Strip: 3/4 x 4-1/4

I started my stamping with the leaves from Spruce & Sprigs. I inked them up with Ripe Avocado and rolled Pinefeather along the edges to get a bit of a blended green. Next I stamped the little berries in the empty spaces with Pure Poppy. I framed my image layer with some Pure Poppy then placed that on some green textured cardstock I found in my scrap stash- it's a pretty close match to Simply Chartreuse.

I decided I wanted a vellum sentiment strip so that the stamped image wasn't completely covered. I used one of my favorite sentiments from the Keep It Simple Christmas set. I attached that to the card front using red brads (yes I know right, brads!?!), but this worked well for the "button" element that I have on the sketch.


Supplies:
Stamps: Spruce & Sprigs, Keep It Simple Christmas
Ink: Ripe Avocado, Pure Poppy, Pinefeather, Black
Paper: Textured green, Pure Poppy, Vellum, White
Accessories, etc.: red brads

If you play along, please leave a link!


No comments:

Post a Comment