Saturday, November 10, 2018

Fall to Layout #97 Take Two

.

Hello!

I've got this week's sketch ready! The butterfly elements can be any object you like. I decided to go with snowflakes, since I still need to build up my Christmas card stash.


Measurements are pretty straight forward. My card base is 4-1/4 x 5-1/2. The background layer is 4 x 5-1/4. The sentiment banner is approximately 3 x 1/2 (but really this is subject to whatever sentiment you choose).

Here's my card:


I decided to not use the traditional white coloured "white space". I wanted to use snowflakes and in order to make them pop, I made a blended background. I blended Salty Ocean, Blueprint Sketch and Faded Jeans. I spritzed it with water, let it dry and then added many ink splatters (white, chipped sapphire and silver).

Next I cut out my snowflakes (from Lawn Fawn's stitched snowflake die set), choosing three different sizes. The banner is stamped on a piece of navy cardstock and embossed with silver embossing powder. The sentiment is from the Lawn Fawn Holiday Helpers set.

If you play along, please leave a link:

No comments:

Post a Comment