Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Celebrate!

Hey everyone!



Today I am guest designing for the latest Create a Smile Stamps challenge. The theme is Celebrate! This is such a great theme since it can mean many different things to different people. I decided to make a birthday/celebration card featuring Gull Gang.

When I saw this stamp set, I knew I had to have it. First of all- those gulls are so cute and a bit sassy. There's also some really fun sentiments in that set that I haven't ever seen from other companies.

I started with the gulls and the woodposts and coloured them with various copic markers. I had a few party hats stamped out from various Lawn Fawn sets, but I see that the Dress Me Up set has the perfect party hat in it!

Next up was making the scene. I used a stitched rectangle die to give the scene a more finished edge.
I used some post-it note tape to create the horizon. Above that line, I left the background white and stenciled clouds using Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink. For the ocean, I blended Salty Ocean all over and then used a wave stencil with Chipped Sapphire Distress Oxide ink to create the look.

I wanted the wood posts to be in the water and not just floating, so I used an X-acto knife and cut openings that aligned with the waves and then tucked the posts in. Once the scene was set, I went about adding my sentiment. The "Let's Celebrate" is from the Mini Birthday set and the "you" is from the Cool Cuts You die. I stacked three to give the sentiment extra dimension.



Now for the fun part for you!

The great thing about these challenges is there is a prize! Create a Smile Stamps gives away a 25-euro gift card! Also, you can make use of their awesome freebies (I'm thinking about making a new year's card with the sentiment and kangaroo from the freebies). I definitely recommend checking out the stamps and dies though too- they are excellent quality. Even coming from Germany, they took no longer than anything I've ever ordered from the USA (if you're on the fence about ordering).

Hope to see you all play along!


No comments:

Post a Comment