Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Birthday!

I needed a break from all those anniversary cards, then I remembered that it's a very good friend's birthday coming up soon. I found this cut piece of Scenic Route paper on my desk, so that served as inspiration enough for me. I made a teal card base, attached the pattern paper, then tied on the ribbon. I did this first (for once) because usually I end up making my image panel way too wide, and the ribbon ends up covering most of the image. So I figured out where the knot would go, then cut a panel to size. Once I had the panel, I then figured out what I was going to put on it. This cake from Piece of Cake fit quite nicely. Plus, with all the accessories you can add to it, I could bring in all of the colours from the pattern paper (plus orange, you can't have candles without orange or yellow!).

Supplies:
Stamps: Piece of Cake, Birthday Basics
Ink: Aqua Mist, Water Lily, Cote D'Azure, Orangerie, Landscape (Palette)
Paper: Aqua Mist, Taken With Teal, Old Olive, Scenic Route DP
Accessories, etc.: Stickles (on the flames and leaves), liquid pearls (flower centers), pop dots, wide grosgrain

2 comments:

  1. Super cute! Love the colors and layout- awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very, very, very pretty! What is it about orange that it's almost like the new neutral! I love it!

    ReplyDelete