Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Flocked Birthday Wishes

The other day I saw this stunning card by Alli Miles. Loved the idea and thought I'd make my own version. Although the one layer looks marvelous, I wanted to change it up, make it a bit more mine. I had picked up some double-face satin earlier in the weekend. They match Spring Rain and Dark Chocolate almost perfectly, so I was wanting to use at least one of those.
So the ribbon dictated my colour scheme. I used brown for the branch and did the dots in blue. I thought it had a slight resemblance to pussywillows. I thought it'd be cute to make them fuzzy, so I got out the white flocking and added it over each dot. It really adds a fun texture to the card. On a side note, I've tried several sticking methods, my tried and true are white glue with a fine application tip or the quickie glue pen. I just haven't been thrilled with heat and stick powder or the glue pad. Other people are raved over them, so maybe I'm doing something wrong? Anyway, the regular white glue works, so that's what I use.

Supplies:
Stamps: Polka Dot Basics, Out on a Limb
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Spring Rain
Paper: White, Chocolate, Spring Rain
Accessories, etc.: Double hole punch, ribbon, white flock

4 comments: