Sunday, March 21, 2010

Birthday Wishes

Last night was a home movie night. That usually means that I bring out something to do while watching the movie. I enjoy movies, but I feel like I can multi-task a little bit. This time, I brought up some markers and this stamp set and coloured a little bit while watching.


So this morning I figured I should make a card so the coloured art didn't go unused and forgotten! I had downloaded the latest Colour Couture just to see what it was all about. I figured it's $5, so why not? I went to use the artisan card front, when I realized that I had a die that could possibly work in a similar way- Nestabilities Labels 8. Instead of running the paper and die sandwich through completely, I only wheeled it as far as needed. This meant no awkward impression from the back side of the die (where the paper is fed through to avoid the cutting part of the die). The shape is slightly less pronounced than the artisan design, so I'm not saying don't get the download (there are digital papers and fun inspiration sheets in it too after all!). I'm just saying, sometimes you realize that supplies that you already own can be used in a slightly out of the box way.


So finally, here's the card:Supplies:
Stamps: Friends 'til the End, Mixed Messages, Background Basics: Text Style
Ink: Spring Moss, Rich Cocoa
Paper: Summer Sunrise, New Leaf, Spring Moss, Lemon Tart
Accessories, etc.: Nestabilities (Labels 8 and Double Ended Tags), Ribbon, Cop
ics

3 comments:

  1. Hi Natasha, just found your blog and love your cards!! Will be back often! Love the colour combo on this one! Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beauty, Natasha! I love its simple elegance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Love how you colored the flower and the design of the card!

    ReplyDelete