Saturday, September 25, 2010

September 2010 Papertrey Blog Hop

I'm glad that this month's hop is an all day event, it gives me time to post something! So this month's challenge...

One of the most fun things about this hobby is the people you meet, whether in person or online, and the things you learn from them. Now is your chance to show off any skills you might have learned from a fellow stamper, and perhaps even give them a little shout out to thank them for the inspiration they have provided. Create a project using one of your favorite learned skills and perhaps after a little blog hopping, we will ALL learn some new tips and tricks and continue to pass on the love of this hobby!

A "skill" I've picked up on from several amazing fellow crafters, is the art of making one's own embellishments- especially the layered flower. I've been cardmaking for over 6 years now, and have always loved the idea of making my own embellishments, but only in the last year have I really started making my own layered flowers. There's tons of inspiration out there!
Dawn McVey has lots of fun cards featuring handmade floral embellishments and instructions to paper flowers here. Michelle Wooderson has a great eye for piecing together mixed media flowers. Just the other day she had a wonderful post up on her blog.

Here's my card:Supplies:
  • Stamps: Birthday Bash Greetings
  • Ink: Rich Cocoa
  • Paper: Harvest Gold, Simply Chartreuse, Vintage Cream, Dark Chocolate
  • Accessories, etc.: Felt, Thread, Button, Vanilla ribbon, scalloped die, corner rounder

29 comments:

  1. I lvoe the colour scheme and clean lines of this card. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab card - I love the felt flower and the stitching on your leaves; so sweet!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card! I love the clean lines and the colors. That gorgeous flower just pops right off the card- wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card! The flower is so pretty and the stitching on the leaves is such an extra treat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is adorable. I love your use of felt and that color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card! The felt flower is fabulous! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your sweet and simple card. Just stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your card is refreshing to look at. the colors are soothing and the felt gives it warmth. beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love this card. The color combo and the use of felt are cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The layout and colors are so perfect and I adore where you put the ribbon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, Natasha! Love love the colors and your card is so neat. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty; great color combo & I LOVE that felt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet and cheerful card, love the stitching on the leaves and your layered flower with the mini one in the center...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fantastic, Natasha! Great colors and I do agree....making the flowers looks great. I really need to give the felt a try. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so sweet! I love the stitching on your leaf and the colors you chose. Such a cute flower, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the stitching on the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Natasha, I LOVE this pretty card! Your flowers are FAB - especially the layers and the stitching in the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh my! this is awesome! I am freaking out because I keep messing up the sewing machine and not being able to figure it out! LOL! I want so badly to sew (on everything! LOL!) It adds so much!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a pretty card Natasha. Love the felt flower. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a sweet card! Felt flowers are so fun to make, and look great layered on any card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the colors that you have picked and that flower is adorable! I have the dies but havent tried them with felt yet...must try soon!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your CAS card and the felt flower! You used a terrific color combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh this is beautiful! Your colours are serene and the simplicity keeps all of the focus on that gorgeous bloom! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  24. beautiful! I love the extra oomph the handstitching on the leaves adds!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a pretty card!!! Love the stitching on the leaves!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this - so CAS and that handmade flower is perfect!! Great colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very sweet, I like the colors and the felt.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a great card. I like the stitching on the leaves.

    ReplyDelete