Sunday, May 04, 2014

Wished Upon a Star

I was inspired by the Make it Monday from a week or so back featuring watercolour splats. I didn't actually end up doing the technique on the first card. I just couldn't bring myself to potentially ruining my nicely blended background. (A little bit of background info here, I made several blended pieces, added the splats and was quite unimpressed with the results, so I was a bit leery to adding the water to one that I was really happy with)

Anyway- I added a swash of stars, embossed them with white embossing powder and added my sentiment in two parts (the you was die-cut from the Wonderful Words collection) and then I chose a nice sentiment from the Simply You.


For this one, I ended up using Distress inks to make my blended background. The water reacted much better than my previous results with other inks. I die-cut the happy from the same die set as above and added a sentiment from Stylish Sentiments- Birthday.


No comments:

Post a Comment