Saturday, June 20, 2015

Cool Treats!

After seeing the recent Simon Says Stamp Color of Fun Blog Hop and then the Wednesday Challenge, I was feeling very inspired! I decided to focus on two of my favorite techniques- Heat Embossings and Watercolouring and one of my favorite products- Distress Inks.

The watercolored ice cream card by Yoonsun Hur was especially inspiring! I don't have any of the products from the new release yet so I decided to see what I could make with the stamps in my stash.  I pulled out the Ice Cream Dream stamp set. What's great about this set is it's line art, which makes for easy watercolouring!

I stamped various ice cream treats and popsicles on the cotton paper with versamark and then clear embossed them. Then I started to paint each image using Distress Inks. I really love the vibrant look you can achieve with these inks as watercolours!

Finally I needed a sentiment on there, I decided to die cut the word happy out of black cardstock and then I stamped the word birthday (from the Birthday Balloons set) on a small strip of paper.


I have to say I really like how the card turned out!


2 comments:

  1. Beautifully done, Natasha, and now I want ice cream for lunch! Yes, the colors are wonderful! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete