Monday, July 24, 2017

MFT Sketch Challenge 342



Now that I've returned to the Clean and Simple Stamping card sketches, I've been reminded about just how much fun card sketches are.

I didn't even realize that My Favorite Things stamps had a challenge blog, but now that I do, expect to see semi-regular participating from me. Challenges are such a great way to jump into a card, especially if you're not sure where to start.

Here's the challenge sketch:


And here's my take. I knew I wanted to make a little bit of patterned paper, but I have a lot of line art from MFT. So I decided to pull out Winter Warmth for a bit of "Christmas in July" fun. I was feeling earthy tones and went with Kraft, Dark Chocolate, Olive Twist, and Americana (from PTI).

I used the coordinating Winter Warmth dies, as well as one of the Stitched Scallop Basic Edges dies to match the interesting angled panel at the top.




One more detail shot- I just love the perfect white frame these dies leave with the images!


No comments:

Post a Comment