Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Glimmer

Hello!

I'm back again this week for another CASology challenge. This week's cue is Glimmer.

When I went into the craftroom tonight, I wasn't necessarily setting out to make a card for this challenge just yet, but it just kind of came together. It started like this...

I asked my husband for a "reasonable" challenge. I said reasonable because some of his challenges are a bit out of the box. Anyway, he decided to take it easy-ish on me and said, text your friend- Ask her what colour her shirt is and ask her what the first colour she sees is. So I did. My friend was wearing a white shirt and gave me gold with red pop as the colour. When she sent me her OOTD she had a gold feather necklace on and a red belt. So suddenly, I was thinking Fanciful Feathers!

And how perfect would they be in red, with just a bit of gold ink on the edges! So that's what I did!


I die cut a stitched rectangle. I used the MISTI to stamp the feathers in Pure Poppy first, and then I added Gold pigment ink over top to add that gentle gold glimmer. I stamped the greeting in Versamark and heat embossed it in gold. The final step was using foam tape to pop up the image layer.

I was going to leave a link to Fanciful Feathers, by WPlus9, but apparently I've been living under a rock and it's not available anymore! Even though I own the set, I'm a little sad. It's a classic.

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous design! I love the gold dipped feathers. Thanks for sharing with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful design! I love the slight golden tips to your feathers. Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet simplicity and, oh, so CAS! Love this, Natasha!
    Thank you for playing along with us over at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your gold dipped feathers! Thanks for sharing with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your card, Natasha! Also like the story behind it!
    :)

    ReplyDelete