Sunday, February 11, 2018

A few challenge cards

I found time for a few challenges for the Papertrey Ink festivities this week.

My first card is for the sketch challenge. I was inspired to use Heather's sketch. I don't have the bird from the original card, so I decided to use one from Spring Woods instead. Since I used a robin, I went with a bit of Aqua Mist since it's a bit of a robin's egg type blue. The sentiment is from the Ways to Say: Congratulations


My second card is for the Transformation challenge. This is a card I made using Distress Oxide inks and the Cutaway Tags: Spring several months ago. I don't mind it, but it is a bit flat. 


I decided to transform it by adding some of the coordinating stamps and embossing them in white. I also cut out a few more layers of the tag and layered them on top of my original tag. I like the added dimension it gave the card.




My third card is for the floral challenge. I love Gran's Garden, but don't have the dies, so I decided to do a one layer scene with the flowers.I finished it off with the Ways to Say: Thank You die and a few black Nuvo drops.


My fourth card is for the use a retiring stamp set challenge. I also made this one to work with my sketch this week at Clean and Simple Stamping.


I used mostly Lilac Grace and the Beautiful Butterflies set.

My final card is for the Use Dies Only (no stamps allowed!) challenge. This card looks much better in person. I used the dies from the XOXO set and a few hearts from a retired set (sorry I don't have the name- it was designed by Maile Belles and featured speech bubbles). I cut out the hearts from Lovely Lady, Hibiscus Burst and Pure Poppy. I also used the stitched rectangle from the Noted: Scalloped Vertical die for my main image panel. I die-cut several layers of the "Be Mine Valentine".  Before die-cutting the final layer, I blended the a few inks. Once cut out, I embossed them with clear.


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Love them all but the Beautiful Butterflies card is my fave! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all yours cards!! Aren't these challenges fun? Your card for the floral challenge caught my eye. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete