Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Retro Cat


One of my other favorite stamp companies is Pink Cat Studios. The stamps are very fun and cute! I really like the cat sets. This one, the retro kitty, is especially fun to colour. I chose the classic 50s colours, even gave the cat a sparkly pair of glasses. This card all started however when I was browsing Jeanne's blog (found here ). She inspired me to try and make my own oval shadow stamps. I too, have the bag of rubber scraps. It's really old stuff too, I don't keep the new ones, unless there's a big size. Anyway, so since it's aged rubber, haha (sounds like fine wine or something), the rubber part peels away from the sticky foam stuff really nicely. It didn't even have any grody sticky residue. Now, this rubber is thin enough to fit into SU! larger stamps. I could easily cut through the rubber with my large and small oval punches! Woot! I had some EZMount lying around, so look at that, 2 fantastical shadow stamps that cost virtually nothing. I love it! The paper on the card is from one of Costco's paper packs (#3, I believe).

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip on making your own oval stamps! I have rubber from Big Blossom that I could try and do this with.
    Take care and TFS! Anna Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card! These Pink Cat stamps are some of my new favorites too. I got my first order a week ago and have been loving playing with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering if I could "punch" rubber from my punches to make my own shadow stamps - now I know! Thanks for sharing this great tip.

    ReplyDelete