Sunday, February 11, 2007

Snap! It's your birthday!

Here's my 2nd set for one of the swaps I'm in. I had lots of fun making these, even though it took forever since Sammi (the cat) had to help too. I hope none of my recipients are allergic (just kidding, the table was the ONE place she didn't visit). I used several punches creatively here. Once again, used the corner rounder to make a scalloped circle. I would not recommend doing this for excessive amounts of cards though, after 8, my index finger was getting sore from the punching. I also used the 1-1/4 circle punch to make the key tag punch frame. I got this idea originally from Jan Tink, however I did modify it a bit to speed up the process. I cut the piece to slide through the punch to 1-1/8 (instead of 1-3/16, I just avoid using 16th if I can). Also, instead of cutting the one side, attaching my sentiment, then doing the other side, I just cut the slider piece to 2-1/2 inches. This gives enough room to do the punching. I just found this was better for assembly lining. You get a little bit of variance in the length of them, but it's pretty minimal.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog! You do awesome work Tahsers! Thanks for the comments on SCS on my work. I'm going be a frequent visitor to your little spot here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so much fun...I certainly like this set but after working at Red Lobster for seven years while in school, I don't know if I can look at another crab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did the circle with the punch...you are stampin' genius! What a great idea...so great!

    Love your blog...I read it all the time! AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this fellow: Mr. Crab! Think I will have to put this on my *want* list.

    ReplyDelete