Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A colour challenge kind of day

I decided to finally get creative today, this evening. I had glanced at the colour challenge earlier, and as long as my memory served me correctly, the colours were pomegranate, basic grey, and sky. I thought about these in my mind, and they seemed pretty together, so I figured I'd give it a whirl. I looked through my little book of inspiration, found a sketch that I had been meaning to try, didn't stick with the sketch after all that, and this is what I ended up with. It's quite simple, but I really like it.

I didn't have any Soft Sky ink (well, I've got the reinker, but that's it) so I went with versamark for my tone-on-tone stamping, something I haven't done in a long time. I stamped the grey sentiment first, then filled in the rest.

Supplies:

Stamps: Hugs & Kisses by gel-a-tins

Ink: Purely Pomegranate, Basic Grey, Versamark

Paper: White, Grey, Pomegranate, Soft Sky

Accessories,etc.: flannel gray 5/8'' grosgrain, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute how you Versamarked Love Ya on the background! Very cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this. Simple but so striking. I haven't had a chance to do the challenges this week. You've inspired me to find some time soon.

    ReplyDelete