Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Flourishes Magnolias

Today's card started out with an idea I had while trying to sleep last night. Isn't that great, even when you're trying to fall asleep, these creative ideas just pop into your head? The idea was to do a bit of paper tole with these magnolias. I ended up just doing one popped up layer, but the effect is still noticeable. Using the branch stamp, the 2 different magnolia images, and the leaf, I put together a glimpse of a magnolia tree. I stamped, cut out, coloured, and attached the flowers one layer up. I also applied a layer of Pure Mica Metallic Luster to give the blossoms more shine. The card base comes from the Basic Grey Sugared 6x6 paper pad. The angled twist to a fall-to layout came from an oops at the paper cutter (while I was cutting a different paper, some chocolate chip cardstock was underneath).

Supplies:
Stamps:
Lilac
Ink: Burnt Umber, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, White
Paper: Sugared paper pad, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Pretty in Pink
Accessories, etc.: Pure Mica Metallic Luster,
Pink Sheer Ribbon, pop dots, nestabilities, white EP

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card. I love what you did with the flowers. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love the colors and the delicate arrangement of the blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing. I love the paper tole effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! This is STUNNING!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning!! Absolutely beautiful- Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete