Friday, November 07, 2008

3-D Poinsettia

I was in the mood for colouring this afternoon, and with the snow from last night, it only seemed appropriate to make it a Christmas card. I stamped the poinsettia (from a year in flowers) and the leaves twice, cut them out, then coloured them. I only cut out part of the second flower to get a cooler layered effect. I added a bit of stickles, then applied gold glitter overtop (originally I had used cinnamon stickles, but I decided I wanted a bit more gold). For the background I stamped French Script in a once stamped off Creamy Caramel, then sponged all around the edges. Next up, I used my mini Scor-it (seriously love that tool, I use it for ALL my cards now!). I don't recall what this type of fold is called, but basically, I scored 3/4'' in from the center fold. That gets glued together, then you have a bit more of a square canvas to work with. Finally, I stamped and embossed the sentiment on vanilla, then cut it out with a tag die. That got tied onto this funky 40% metallic ribbon I found in my stash. It's like wire edged ribbon, without the edge. It's pretty neat stuff, very flexible, but it keeps its shape. For the curled edges, I simply wrapped it around a pencil. I quite like how it came together, considering it started out with the desire to colour something.

Supplies:
Stamps: A Year in Flowers, French Script
Ink: Rhubarb Stalk, Bamboo Leaves, Creamy Caramel, Versamark
Paper: Vanilla, Caramel, Shimmer Willow
Accessories, etc.: Gold EP, Copics, pop dots, gold glitter, stickles, gold cord, gold ribbon, tag die cut

1 comment: