Thursday, November 06, 2008

Assignments and Challenges

As I mentioned before, I am currently enrolled in an online scrapbook class. ( Design Your Life at Big Picture Scrapbooking) It's been really awesome so far. I've been doing the assignments in digital format, paper format, and sometimes hybrid. The new assignments come out on Thursdays, so I was inspired to make a layout.This week's theme is Unity. I had my pictures all chosen, my journaling all printed out, and then it hit me. The latest KWD colour challenge was perfect for my layout, most of the colours or ones of similar tones could be found in my photographs!

Here's the half that photographed better. Other than the fact that week's theme is Unity, I think its able to stand alone quite decently

If you want to read the journaling: "Okay, so maybe two people isn’t exactly a convention, but we certainly had a lot of fun going through the baskets of hats that my mom had brought out for the evening’s Halloween party. It all started with Tamara finding her apparently “lost” Disney boas. So those got put on, then we just went from there. I have this obsession with the silly bee hat. It’s pretty much impossible to keep a straight face with that hat one. Next up came the medieval headband mixed with clown hair. That was a really crowd pleaser. Finally we needed a group shot. So with boas all around, a pirate hat for me, and this strange corduroy hat for Tamara, we got this ridiculous shot in. Good times all around."

My photography of 2 page layouts is less than awesome. I kept the page pretty simple, like my cards. But here's a close-up of my flower cluster.

Supplies:
Paper: Pacific Point, White, Eggplant, Pumpkin Pie, Teal
Accessories, etc.: Trio Flower punch, brads, felt fusion flower, Secrets Font, pop dots

5 comments:

  1. Super cute page! Love the clean lines and the colors go so well with your picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful!!! This layout rocks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout. Love those sweet little flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering what inspired my receipt of a bee-hat photo! :)

    ReplyDelete