Saturday, February 14, 2009

Colour Challenge

It's funny, when I was checking out the sneak peaks for Damask Designs, several of the colour combinations popped out at me. I was planning on making a card with this particular combination (Aqua, Chocolate and Lemon) before I even saw the challenge. The challenge just ensured that I actually followed through, instead of filing it onto my to-do list.

So here's my card, I went way back...to the first PTI set ever released. I did bring in Polka Dot Basics. I thought about leaving the Lemon background as is, but the dots seemed like a nice unifying theme (to go with the dotted flower centers). A tip, that isn't exactly earth shattering, but it's something I hadn't thought of before. Instead of constantly switching between the different stem length stamps, use the longest one, but place a post-it note at the base. You can then stamp the exact length you want, and you'll always have a crisp edge. For the card, I stamped the sentiment first, then placed the stems around it.
Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Tray, Polka Dot Basics
Ink: Lemon Tart, Dark Chocolate, Aqua Mist
Paper: White, Dark Chocolate, Lemon Tart, Aqua Mist
Accessories, etc.: 3/8'' Brown Grosgrain, Rectangle Scalloped Nestabilities, pop dots

12 comments:

  1. Natasha, this is seriously SO cute! I love that little scalloped border at the top - I might have to try that myself!

    Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really sweet. I think the addition on the dots on the yellow was a great choice. Adds just the right touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The simplicity and LO of this card are so eye-catching. I still use that same set frquently, but have never even inked up the flower!
    Love the colors (via Dawn)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn (stampinscotsgirl)February 14, 2009 at 2:30 PM

    Natasha, this is so cute!! Great tip about the stems too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I just love those flowers!! Great color combo pick...same one as me too!

    ~Lea

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is simply gorgeous! I really adore these colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a striking card! You have inspired me...I'm off to my desk to "work!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ack!! Your card is awesome!! Love the staggered sentiment and scalloped top!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the style of this card--so clean and simple, but it packs a punch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is really simple and cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooooh - I like this card! I'll have to file that one away for future use, lol!

    ReplyDelete