Sunday, February 08, 2009

Uh Oh!

Somebody stop me... I finally sat down and actually figured out just how easy my vector drawing program is (Macromedia Freehand)! I started out the same way I was taught in cartography. Find something and digitize it (I did that to make my own maps, basically you take something and trace over it digitally. This can be applied to items that are already digital or something you scan in). First I took a stab at the gorgeous roses from Stampin' Up!'s Fifth Avenue Floral. Next, I've been a bit too obsessed with the flower from a yet to be released PTI set, so that became my next target/practice. Finally, after feeling confident enough about my digi-drawing skills, I went about making my own designs, which I then had to feature in a new blog header and watermark.

So here's a card I made a few weeks back. I was having WAY too much fun with glitter. First I stamped the butterfly on acetate, then I coated the backside with crystal effects and dumped the glitter on. I let that dry then attached it to some cardstock with brads. For the side glitter panel, I took a piece of Stamper's Magic tape, lined the interior of the card and dumped glitter on it. Finally, I added some gelly gems ('cause there just wasn't enough sparkle yet) and called it a day.

Supplies:
Stamps:Butterflies Are Free by gel-a-tins
Ink: Black Stazon
Paper: White, Black, Turquoise
Accessories, etc.: Acetate, blue glitter, gelly gems, black ribbon, Stamper's Magic tape

2 comments:

  1. Ok you lost me at cartography... Well anyways your card is lovely!! Cheers, Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU MADE THOSE?? Very cool. I am a computer DUMMY so I have no idea what you just said but I know I am lovin' your header!

    ReplyDelete