Friday, March 20, 2009

A bit of Flower Power

I decided to pull out this fabulous gel-a-tins set. I hadn't used it in a while and I was in the mood for some bold flowers. One thing that I love about solid stamps is mixing the inks right on the stamp. For this flower, I inked up the center of the stamp with Sweet Blush, then I took the Pure Poppy ink pad and only inked the edges. Because I only used the two colours, the result is a lot like the Rock 'N Roll technique. However, I do this by placing my stamp face up on the table. That way I get a lot more control of the inks. I get the colours exactly where I want them. I stamped a few leaves on Spring Moss, cut those out, then place the flower and a greeting on the oval. I added in some patterned paper and a bit of ribbon to finish it off.

Supplies:
Stamps:
Flower Power , Happy Days
Ink: Sweet Blush, Ripe Avocado, Pure Poppy, Spring Moss
Cardstock: White, Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado, Pure Poppy, Hawaii Papaya
Accessories, etc.: Twill Ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment