Sunday, July 30, 2017

Anything Goes and Balloons!

 Good evening! Tonight I'm featuring two different challenge cards.

First up- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge- You've got the Edge

I started with the blended background scalloped stitched edge (by MFT). I still kind of laugh whenever I use these dies. These are not actually the ones I meant to purchase, but I love them all the same. Really, how can you go wrong with scallops and stitching, right??

The colours I used for the background edge were Picked Raspberry, Carved Pumpkin, Squeezed Lemonade,  Twisted Citron, and Peacock Feathers.

My process for this card was actually deciding on the sentiment first. I figured, it's a SSS Challenge, why not pull out some SSS product. I keep some of my stamps in the Avery Elle style pockets, and i fit two in each pocket, so what do I have  tucked in with the Wishing and Sending set? The Adult Beverages set. I saw it and thought, Perfect!

I stamped two of the glasses and pulled out a few coordinating Copics and got to work. Once that was all done, I cut them out. I also added a touch of white gel pen for the little "shine" and Wink of Stella over it all to give it a shimmer.


Here's a close-up of my Copic colouring and the shimmer on these.



Next up is the Casology 5th anniversary challenge- Balloons. I had all sorts of lofty ideas, but I wanted to keep my card clean and simple, and I also didn't want to let all my recently pinned balloon cards influence me too much. It's also very hot here right now, and without central air conditioning, it can be a bit tough feeling motivated to be another more than a "blump" (that's blob+lump by the way)


I used another SSS set- Birthday Balloons. I love the simple balloon images in this set, and it has some really wonderful fonts. I stamped and fussy cut the balloons and then added a few sequins for interest. I was originally going to do this as a white card, but I liked the idea of balloons floating up against a sky-coloured backdrop.

Inks used were Hawaiian Shores, Limeade Ice, Summer Sunrise, Hibiscus Burst, and Amethyst Allure (form PTI)

Thanks for stopping by!


6 comments:

  1. what a super fun summer card Natasha...love your colourful scallop border...thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rainbow border you've created on the first card and the second is a perfect take on the Casology cue word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dancing balloons! Happiness. So happy you could join in the 5th Anniversary celebration at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally in love with yousr dancing balloons!!! It's fantastic!! Thanks for celebrating with us at CASology!! Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natasha, two fabulous cards! I adore your CAS balloon birthday card, so colorful and fun yet so CAS! Thanks for celebrating with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of your cards are fabulous, Natasha, and I especially love the happy little balloons bouncing across your second card! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete