Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Simon says STARS!

I know, I know. Two posts in one day?!?  Yeah. It's been a long time since I've blogged twice in one month nevermind twice in one day!


But I've been meaning to put more of my projects out there. So many don't make it to the internet at all or only to Instagram. My latest goal is to keep up with various challenges in the community. So when I saw that Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge was stars AND the featured company was My Favorite Things I knew I had to find the time to get a card made. 

Here's my card. This one was totally inspired by my stamping friend Fran. She showed me this "happy accident". Basically blend a background, add a stitched border die and then flip it! So you get a lovely frame but the contrast of the colours. Love it. I also used her colour suggestions- Peacock Feathers, Twisted Citron, Squeezed Lemonade, Carved Pumpkin and Picked Raspberry. I loved how vibrant this palette is! Originally I was going to try and water stamp with the stars, but that was a fail, so spritzed it with water to cover up the fail spots and stamped with white pigment ink instead. I add a few rhinestones for a finishing touch!

I have to say though with the hand-drawn looking stars, black text, and almost neon colours, it has a bit of a 90s vibe. What can I say, I'm a child of the late 80s-90s!


Supplies
Stamps:Count the Stars (as I'm typing this, it appears that this set is on sale, being retired, so you may want to snag it and the coordinating dies if you love it!)
Ink: Peacock Feathers, Twisted Citron, Squeezed Lemonade, Carved Pumpkin and Picked Raspberry, Fresh Snow, Archival Black
Accessories, etc: Stars & Wishes die, Rhinestones, Stitched Rectangle Scallop Edge Frames



1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card Natasha! Your inky background looks fabulous with the white stars.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete