Sunday, June 24, 2018

Fall to Layout #77 Take Two!

Happy Sunday!

I have a happy little mermaid card to share today.


Here's the sketch! You could easily make this a standard 4.25 x 5.5 card front, but I decided to make a longer, thinner style card.

The dimensions I used:
  • Card Front: 3.5 x 6
  • Patterned Side Panel: 3.5 x 1.75
  • Glitter Strip: 3.5 x  .25

Now, onto the card!
I just got this Seaside Textured embossing folder, and had to use it, so I embossed some teal card stock and cut it down to size. For the thin strip, instead of ribbon or twine, I decided to use some of this fun glitter paper. I love it since it adds a different type of texture.

I also only just hopped on the Magical Day bandwagon- I know, a bit late given that they didn't actually carry over this fun set to the catalog (What was Stampin' Up! thinking???) I stamped the mermaid and seahorse first and then die cut them. I coloured them with mostly Stampin' Blends- Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral, and Daffodil Delight. I also added just a touch of a Copic -R32 for her blush circles. To add more shimmer, I used a glitter jelly roll pen and added bits of shimmer the mermaid's hair, tail, and the seahorse.

I added a few aqua gems for even more sparkle and to give a bubble like element.

Lastly, I decided on this fun sentiment. It's an oldie from Verve Stamps. Be sure to check them out, they are closing up shop after 11 years so there are a few more items left before she closes at the end of June. Julee is such a lovely, kind person, so be sure to have a look.


Supplies:
Stamps: Magical Day, Wild Thing
Ink: Tuxedo Black
Paper: Taken with Teal, Stamper's Select, Glitter paper
Accessories, etc.: Stampin' Blends, Seaside Textured embossing folder, rhinestones, shimmer pen

As always, I'd love to see your take on the sketch. Please leave a link if you play along!




No comments:

Post a Comment