Friday, May 09, 2008

The Berry Best!

Here's a quick and simple card featuring just a touch of stamping and a touch of patterned paper. I knew I wanted to use these strawberries, so I looked through my paper stash to find anything that would match decently. This paper is by Scenic Route, it's Rockland/Perry Street. I thought about just putting a touch of the paper on the bottom or top, but after I had some there, I realized that it would look good in both locations! Next, I added some Real Red grosgrain, I cannot get enough of that ribbon, I'm sure glad I still have at least 25 yards of it! I added the sentiment, then went about placing the strawberries. I hemmed and hawed as to where they should go, but I'm happy with the final placement. I popped one small one (by the sentiment) and the large one up with pop dots, since I didn't want them just flat on the card.

Supplies:
Stamps: My Punny Valentine + add-on sentiments
Ink: Versafine Black, Real Red, Old Olive
Paper: White, Scenic Route DP
Accessories, etc.: Real Red Grosgrain, pop dots

No comments:

Post a Comment