Monday, May 12, 2008

Monday Blues

The other evening, I sat down to make something, anything. My sister insisted I make her a card, her 2 requirements: Use one of the robots from Doodle Factory's Urban release, and use blues. I could handle that. I had just received my Great Expectations sentiments from Verve Visual, so I also wanted to bring in one of those sentiments. I started with the robot. I stamped him, then set about watercolouring him with blues. I thought he kind of looked a bit pouty (especially being blue now), so I went through the sentiments and found "Don't forget me when you're rich and famous". It fit quite nicely with his face and body language. The background turquoise seemed too plain, so I stamped the Crosshatch background on it and highlighted connecting lines with a white gel pen. My sister was quite pleased with the end result of her "challenge".

Supplies:
Stamps: Doodle Factory Urban, Verve Visual's Great Expectations, Crosshatch
Paper: Brilliant Blue, Tempting Turquoise, White, East Coast Prep DP
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Brilliant Blue, Versafine Black
Accessories, etc.: key tag punch, 1/4'' circle punch, white gel pen, grey marker, ribbon

5 comments:

  1. What a super fun card!!! I love how you teamed up the cute robot and the Verve sentiment...simply perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cute robot. I've never heard of Doodle Factory...I'm gonna check them out. I like what you did with the background paper. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally cute Natasha! Love all the blues and that robot is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely little boy card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable, Natasha! He's perfect with that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete