Friday, October 24, 2008

Iced Cupcake

How cute is this cupcake image! I thought it'd be fun to make the image very dimensional. I stamped the cupcake on the white, then I stamped the cupcake again and the candle on some other white cardstock. I cut out the top and the candle, coloured everything then, covered bits of the top and flame with glitter then pieced it all together. For the little tag, I started out from a cut out double-ended tag. I can never get tags tied exactly where I want, so I placed the base strip of ribbon, then carefully tied the tag with the another piece of the same ribbon onto that strip. I was quite happy when it actually worked. It's an almost seamless look- it looks like the knot is attached to the base strip. Another tip, one I've done in the past, but is worth repeating: if you chose colours of markers before selecting your cardstock, consider colouring the edges one of your layers with the same markers. Here I coloured the green stripes with Willow, so I cut out a scalloped circle from white paper then just coloured the edges before attaching the cupcake image. Easy and quick!

Supplies:
Stamps:
Sentiments Fairytale, Simple Birthday, Dots Background
Ink: Rich Cocoa, Regal Rose
Paper: Sweet Blush, White
Accessories, etc.: Copic markers, ribbon, various nestabilities(circles, double edged tags),
Stamper's Magic Tape (for applying the glitter on the cupcake top), glitter

3 comments: