Sunday, February 13, 2011

Combo Challenge

When I heard the news that fellow Clean & Simple Stamping blogger Heather Pulvirenti was starting up a bi-weekly colour challenge, I knew I had to join in the fun! Colour challenges are a great way to get those creative juices flowing. One thing I really like about colour challenges, is I usually have NO idea what I will end up making, I pretty much let the colours dictate my card theme and layout.

So here is the colour lineup for Heather's first Totally Hues challenge. Isn't it delightful?

I had also decided to make another entry for PTI's Make It Monday challenge (use lots of one type of sentiment on a card), so that also came into play for the whole process. Whenever I want to do a colour challenge, the first thing I do (and I'm sure I'm not alone) is grab a sheet or scrap of each colour and see how it all looks together. These colours shouting out "HAPPY!", so I decided I'd make a birthday card. I also have a ton of birthday sentiments, so that worked well for the sentiment part of the challenge. I had a loose piece of paper on my table that had a few sketches on it, so I decided to go with one of those.

Finally, here's the card:
Supplies:
  • Stamps: Cupcake Collections, Big & Bold Wishes, It's a Celebration, Birthday Bash Greetings, Birthday Basics, Faux Ribbon (all by Papertrey Ink)
  • Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Hibiscus Burst, Daffodil Delight
  • Paper: White, Simply Chartreuse, Hibiscus Burst, Hawaiian Shores, Harvest Gold
  • Accessories, etc.: Eyelet Border Punch, Corner Rounder, Limitless Layers Die-1-3/4

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this card! So pretty and of course, who doesn't love cupcakes? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAYAYAYAY! So glad you played along Natasha! This card is simply FANTASTIC!!

    ReplyDelete