Sunday, August 05, 2018

Fall to Layout #83




Happy Sunday!

It's a long weekend over here, so I am enjoying the extra day for some relaxation and crafting! This week, I was a bit better about sticking to the sketch. Ultimately it breaks down into a sentiment surrounded by a triad of objects,


My Dimensions used:
Card Base: 4-1/4 x 5-1/2
Image Layer: 3-5/8 x 4-7/8
Image Layer Frame: 3-3/4 x 5

And here's the card, I really wanted to make a space themed card for my friend's birthday, so I started off with a few images from Out of This World and got to colouring. Next I thought I should make a quick galaxy background. I love these and they really are quick and easy. For this one, I started off with a piece of 110lb black card stock (I just buy the pack from Michaels). I used black because it means you don't have to use quite so much ink for blending. I selected Distress Oxide inks,Faded Jeans, Peacock Feathers, and Black Soot and blended on top of that. Next I misted it a few times with the Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer. I wanted more of a starry look, so I stamped some White Snow pigment ink onto an acrylic block (to use as a palette), watered this down and then splattered that all over.

I embossed the "out of this world" phrase on the galaxy layer and popped up the rest of the sentiment on some white cardstock. Truthfully this was done because that part of the embossing smeared! But I actually like the little pop of white it gives.

Final steps were adhering my images. I popped all of these up on foam tape. I wanted the little astronaut tethered, so I drew a little rope with a white gel pen leading off the scene to some unknown tether station, ha!




Supplies:
Stamps: Out of This World
Dies: Out of This World lawn cuts
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress Oxide-Faded Jeans, Peacock Feathers, Pigment- Fresh Snow
Accessories, etc: various Copics

If you play along, please leave a link!

No comments:

Post a Comment