Saturday, October 14, 2006

Hang Ten


I went to a local scrapbook store today. I picked up a package of the Basic Grey Hang Ten papers. I checked the price, then sadly set them down. The saleslady comes up to tell me, "that's the last package, it's 50% off!", so that changed my position on them. I also picked up some other Basic Grey papers, from the Gypsy line, and some Wholy Cow rub-ons. I hadn't used those before, not sure why, because they are so cool and so easy to use (that's a later project, maybe for here tomorrow). Anyway, so with new Hang Ten papers in hand, it only seemed appropriate that I use the Do The Hula set! I also used the greeting from It's Your Birthday (the one with the aged font look). The paper that the surfboards are stamped on was soaked in an ink-water bath. Then, while it was still saturated, I dribbled a few reinkers on it. Because the paper was so wet, the reinkers floated around nicely which ended up producing kind of a backwards tye-dye effect.

2 comments:

  1. love BG and love the way you did your technique! I agree BG can be pricey - I have a 'slight' addiction for their paper line and have quite the collection! I do a lot of bargain shopping online for it though to get it cheaper. :) My LSS is outrageous in their prices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent card. So clever. This is listed as my favorite in the thread for favorites of the week of Oct 14 on SCS

    ReplyDelete