Monday, October 09, 2006

Measure of Life


Way back in April or May, I got this hostess set. I specifically chose it because it wasn't my typical style, so I really like working with it and trying to produce cards that stretch my usual pattern of creativitity. This one was inspired by the technique challenge at SCS. The technique was to use dots of colour like Monet paintings. The method to this technique was discussed, but it didn't really work out for me, so I just went with a general Impressionist painting look. I saturated the image with water, then went in with the crayons and coloured using tiny strokes. I also used twill tape for stamping on for the first time, and I really like how everything turned out! I had heard about ink bleeding on the twill. I used stazon, and it's good! No bleeding, fading, or streaking! To make the sentiment pop a bit, I framed it with the pewter hodgepodge hardware.

Just a little observation, I was just browsing through the Measure of Life gallery at Splitcoast, and I noticed that very few people use the dragonfly this way. Isn't that interesting?

1 comment: