Saturday, August 04, 2007

Dry Embossed Seashell


This card was done for another challenge: dry emboss a vellum image. The seashells from Beautiful Beach work wonderfully for this technique. Stamp your image, turn it over onto a foam surface and start embossing whatever you want to puff out. I saw this layout at i heart 2 stamp and was determined to try it. I got the idea to fancy up my vellum piece from Emily's card here. You may notice that my entire caramel background is stamped with the Linen stamp. It took me two tries to get this right. That piece of cardstock measures 5.25x5.25, so it's bigger than a background stamp. The first time I had foolishly stamped the image completely onto the paper, which left about an inch left to stamp. How the heck would I ever line up the second part??? Lightbulb! I knew I would be putting a horizontal panel overtop. So...do the background stamping so that the "ugly' part will be covered! I know this may seem totally straight-forward, but sometimes those are the hardest things to think of.

9 comments:

  1. Very classy! I love the neutral colors and how it is softened up by the scallops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! The brown looks like suede

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sharp. I love this technique, but have yet to make one myself. Love your design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this on SCS earlier. It totally caught my eye, as it is absolutely SPECTACULAR!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are SO clever. Really. I like this a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! what a fabby card!

    Samm
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This set is one of my favs, and you have done a splendid job with it! It's beautiful==I want to try this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - gorgeous card! I keep meaning to try this technique but never have. I think you've just given me the nudge I needed :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this one is great tashers!

    ReplyDelete