Here's a closeup of the layers of the flowers. There are three laters here in total.
So here's my take on today's challenge. Most people were doing sculpted roses or other flowers, which is definitely one form of this technique. I went with the more classic approach. I started with a very detailed image and built it up in layers. I did the base layer, plus 2 more layers. With such a detailed main image, I wanted to keep the rest of the card pretty simple. I pulled out the watercolor joy wheel and used that. This card measures 5x11. The main image was coloured with SU! markers and some aquabrushing in parts.