Thursday, December 20, 2007

Penguin's Santa Hat

Here's my submission for this month's Dirty Past & Present Challenge. The guidelines: Use penguins as a focus, incorporate something icy, and NO BLUE!!

I thought this little guy from Wild About You would look cute with Crabby's Santa Hat. I stamped the hat, masked it, then stamped the penguin. I extended his head about, so it fit the hat better. The snowflakes all around him were dabbed with greeting glue (it dabs out a lovely circle, perfect for the snow flurries flakes -thanks for the tip Joan!), then coated with glitter. His hat was coated with stickles and then I put more glitter on that. I find stickles take a tad too long to dry at times, but if you add MORE glitter to them, it speeds it up a bit.

Supplies:
Stamps: Wild About You, Snow Flurries, Crab & Co., gel-a-tins Oh Christmas Tree
Ink: Real Red, Green Galore, Versamark, Palette Noir
Paper: White, Green Galore, Glorious Green, Gable Green
Accessories, etc.: 5/8'' red grosgrain, green galore eyelets, pop dots, stickles, glitter, greeting glue

Thanks for looking! Check out everyone else's here.

I received an envelope full of goodies yesterday from an "elf". I know it was a fellow Canadian in the same postal region, but that's about it. I've got a guess, but I'm not 100% sure. Here are the goods! Some stickles, a palette ink pad, some primas, some doodlebug embellishments, gummi life savers, starbucks gift card, and starbucks cinnamon mints! Thank you, whoever you are!

1 comment:

  1. I loved your card today, and what a fun Elf package -- lucky you!!!

    ReplyDelete