Sunday, June 28, 2015

Mists+Stamps

When I saw this week's Simon Says Monday Challenge: Stamps+ Mist, I knew I wanted to give it a go. Of course, I use stamping as one of my main tools for card-marking. However, although I have made mists a few times, I have rarely managed to use them on a card to my liking. I really wanted to try my hand at using mists and actually liking the end product.

Here's the first card- I made my own mist using few different blue reinkers and water. I taped down the Ledger Drop stencil onto some watercolour paper and got to misting. Once I was relatively happy with how it turned out, I stamped the greeting from Many Thanks. Finally, the final touches were a few vellum flowers attached with blue brads and a few blue rhinestones. I was feeling just "ok" about the card but decided to move.


The next day as a bit of a warm up, I got out the Zig Zag stencil and didn't even tape it down- I just placed it on top of some watercolour paper and started misting. I used 3 different colours of mist I had made- the blue one from yesterday, a yellow/gold one and a brown one. Well, was I ever surprised when I actually liked the messy, chaotic look to it! I picked out the lace next thinking that would pair well. Finally, I decided on Spring Blooms. I used the colours of the misted background as a guide for the ink colours. I went with all Stampin' Up inks here- Baked Brown Sugar, Hello Honey, and Lost Lagoon. The greeting is from Fanciful Feathers. I was definitely more satisfied with this card.


Overall, I was really glad I went for the challenge and stepped a tiny bit out of my comfort zone. It's good to try different techniques and products!


1 comment:

  1. Glad you stepped out of your comfort zone to take the Simon Says Stamp Challenge! Your mist designs are beautifully done with the stencils, it makes a great background or design element, very versatile!

    ReplyDelete