Monday, October 22, 2007

Merry, bright, cheer, etc.

Here are a few more cards featuring the new gel-a-tins release. For the first card, I wanted to mimic the look of the collaged image in SU!'s Season of Joy. I started with a 2.5'' square block, and started filling it with various images from Oh Christmas Tree. It worked quite well. I inked it all up with stampin' spots- burgundy, artichoke, and hunter. I wanted some scallops, so I got out my mini scalloping scissors and cut a nice mat from some burgundy paper.

Supplies:
Stamps: Oh Christmas Tree
Ink: Always Artichoke, Bravo Burgundy, Handsome Hunter, Whisper White
Paper: White, Burgundy, Hunter
Accessories, etc.: mini scalloping scissors



For this other card, I know you've seen this layout before. I just can't get enough of it, and it always remains classically elegant. I inked up the bright image with 3 spots- first bashful blue, then ballet blue, and just a touch of brilliant blue on the edges. After I stamped the 4 images, I heat set them, then embossed a square around each image. I was going to leave it, but that white organdy was calling to me. Then, to add a little personal touch, I stamped a snowflake on white with the year over top, then punched that out with a 3/4'' circle punch. I tied that on the know with silver cord. It's kind of a nice touch, to add the year to your annual Christmas card.

Supplies:
Stamps: Holiday Mail
Ink: Bashful Blue, Brilliant Blue, Ballet blue
Paper: Naturals White
Accessories, etc.: white organdy, simple shapes embossing template, stylus, silver cord, 3/4'' and 1/16'' circle punches.

2 comments: