Wednesday, October 10, 2007

More holiday cards

Well, with this near icy weather, it only seems fitting to post some more holiday cards! This first card features something I like to do every now and then, especially around the holidays: Stamp a short holiday word with some other holiday images. In this case, I stamped the 2 trees first (from Oh Christmas Tree), masked them, then stamped the word JOY using letters from the Weathered Crate alphabet. I added some stickles to the trees, then went with one of my go-to layouts.
Supplies:
Stamps: Oh Christmas Tree, Weathered Crate Alphabet
Ink: Real Red, Glorious Green
Paper: White, Red, Green
Accessories, etc.: eyelets, stickles

This next card started out with the me struggling to choose a colour to use on this stamp from Holiday Mail. Finally, I opened up my craft spots, the turquoise jumped out. Well, I've always leaned towards bright blues, so I thought, why not. I inked up the stamp with the turquoise then gently dabbed the brilliant blue spot all around it, which blended the colours nicely. Next, I thought, it'd be nice to bring in some silver to make it a bit more elegant. I found this beautiful silver satin ribbon, my brushed silver cardstock, and to pull it all together, I made some polished stone background using turquoise, brilliant blue, and silver reinkers. I always love how polished stone turns out. It's even more impressive when you bounce the light off of it, it really looks like a polished stone!
Supplies:
Stamps: Holiday Mail
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Brilliant Blue, Silver
Paper: Brushed Silver, Brilliant Blue, Glossy White, White
Accessories, etc.: satin ribbon, rubbing alcohol, reinkers

1 comment:

  1. I love the look of the winter card. The polished stone is so elegant looking!

    ReplyDelete